It’s Time for Spring Cleaning!
The weather officials say the last freeze of the season in DFW is typically around the middle of March. If this is true, then it is time to think spring cleaning and home maintenance. Here is the check list that will guide your through some of these annual chores. Get these tasks taken care of around your home so you can enjoy the nice spring weather ahead.
- Yard – weed killer and fertilizer – the yard will be green before you know it!
- Mulch – flower beds and prepare for planting. Annuals work best when planted by April 1st so they can root and be ready for the hot season ahead. Think about planting hearty plants that don’t need a lot of water. Most of North Texas is still under water restrictions.
- Clean Gutters and downspouts – hopefully the spring rains will arrive soon!
- Inspect Roof and Chimney for cracks and damage.
- Wash all windows, inside and out.
- Check your screens on your windows and doors for tears, etc.
- Clean outdoor furniture and air out cushions.
- Service your lawn equipment.
- Have your HVAC serviced before the hot days arrive. (CALL STAR HOME COMFORT TO SCHEDULE YOUR SERVICE)
- Indoor Tasks:
- If you didn’t test and change batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, now is the time.
- Wash and change seasonal bedding…time to put away the heavy blankets and down comforters.
- Dust and clean all blinds throughout your home.
- Vacuum curtains and walls throughout your home.
- Clean and organize kitchen cabinets and throw away any outdated food.
- Clean bathroom cabinets and properly discard any outdated medicine and cosmetics. Remember – do not through unused medications in the trash!
- Bring out some fresh spring colors such as blue, yellow and green into your home décor.